The ATLAS offers more than traditional business accounting consulting. Our experienced professionals are also experts in business continuity planning and can help you run your business more efficiently with an understanding of past performance and an eye toward the future.
Cash Flow Management
Maintaining a positive cash flow is the key to any business’ success, and having the experienced professionals of the ATLAS on your side can give you an increased level of peace of mind when it comes to this most integral component of your business. Our cash flow management service allows you to focus on what you do best – taking care of your customers – while we keep a watchful eye on the life blood of your business.
Avoiding a cash crisis is our number one priority and, with our cash flow management service, we’ll keep you apprised of when, where and how your cash needs will occur, offer recommendations for the best available sources for meeting additional cash needs and keep you prepared to meet additional cash needs when they arise by maintaining positive relationships with bankers and creditors. Our experts can also work with you to develop short and long-term cash flow projections, which are the first line of defense when it comes to avoiding a cash crisis. We can also prepare historical cash flow statements to illustrate where your money has gone in the past. Other benefits of our cash flow management service include:
- Help obtaining an appropriate line of credit
- Cash collection acceleration techniques
- Proven effective collection policies
- Proven effective payment policies
- Help obtaining the maximum rate of return on your idle cash
Business Continuity Planning
No matter how your business grows or which direction it takes, you can count on the ATLAS to continue to provide a high level of service and expertise as your needs, scope and focus evolve. Our business continuity services cover the entire spectrum of needs, such as:
- Choice of business entity, including analysis of tax ramifications, legal protections and employee benefits options
- Complete and submit federal and state applications for identification numbers
- Apply for business license
- Registration for state income tax and sales tax withholding and remittance
- Accounting and database software selection, customization and implementation
- Staff Training
- Provide a clear, precise and meaningful sense of direction for your company for a specified period of time
- Plans can be prepared for both internal and external purposes
- Secure funding and lines of credit
- Incorporate performance measurement and key employee motivation
- Present information effectively to outside parties
- Business Valuations / M&A
- Secured lending and advisory services
- Stakeholder requirements, including buy-sell agreements, forecasting, feasibility analysis and strategic planning
- Tax analysis and planning, including estate planning, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), gift and estate taxes, purchase price allocation.
- Bankruptcy planning, asset management and disposition
- Expert witness testimony
- Problem loan resolution
- Insolvency accounting
- Damage claims
- Fraud and embezzlement
- Marital dissolution
- Crisis management for business in trouble
- Appraisals and auctions
- Turnarounds and workouts
- Orderly liquidation of assets
- Problem loan resolution and workout resource for lending institutions
If you own a family business, retirement isn’t a simple matter of no longer showing up to work, there are several questions that will need answering regarding succession, assets and more. The ATLAS's succession planning experts are experienced in assisting in these types of transitions and will help you navigate the unique pitfalls that come with family business dynamics. Regardless of the situation, succession planning should be a priority for any family business since more than 70% of family-owned businesses fail to survive transition due to a myriad of factors. Our experts will work alongside you to develop and implement a comprehensive succession plan, focusing on key issues such as:
- Keeping it in the family. Are you going to pass the business on to your family or sell it to a third party? We help you weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each of these options.
- Who’s going to run the business when you’re gone? Management and ownership are not one and the same. You may decide to transfer management of your business to just one of your children but transfer equal shares of business ownership to all your children, whether they’re actively involved in the business or not.
- Minimizing the tax bite. The tax burden when transitioning a family business can be significant. The challenge is that a family business is not generally a liquid asset, but taxes are typically due when ownership is transferred.
- Making it fair. Transferring family ownership often adds a tremendous amount of stress to individual family members. We talk with each of the family members to ensure that they feel they are getting an equitable and fair share of the pie.
What we do for you…
Once we understand how you feel about the key issues above, we begin constructing your succession plan focusing on these 5 issues…
- Business Valuation
- Business Restructuring
- Tax Consequences
- Retirement Projections
- Tax Projections
Forensic & Financial Services
Should the need arise, it’s important to have a financial service provider that understands and can deliver results to meet your forensic, litigation, valuation and bankruptcy needs. At the core of the ATLAS Forensic and Financial Services Group practice is a team of professionals with diverse experience at national and regional accounting and valuation firms, law enforcement agencies and the IRS.
Our specialists are regularly called upon to assist in pre-trial matters, arbitration, mediation, settlement negotiations and court proceedings. Regardless of your needs, the ATLAS Forensic and Financial Services Team stands ready to provide you with the highest caliber expertise and service in the following disciplines:
- Litigation Support and Expert Testimony. We offer a full spectrum of commercial and civil litigation support services ranging from the discovery and analysis of information to the rendering of expert testimony.
- Valuation Advisory. We offer comprehensive and objective business, equipment, real estate and capital asset valuation services ranging from the valuation of business ownership interest to the valuation of intangible assets and more.
- Forensic and Investigative Accounting. We offer substantial experience in a multitude of forensic and fraud-related matters ranging from fraud detection and prevention to tracing of hidden income and assets.
- Corporate Recovery, Bankruptcy Services and Creditors’ We provide thorough analysis to identify the optimal solutions for all parties-in-interest ranging from turnaround and restructuring advise to the full range of bankruptcy support and trustee services.
Ready to learn more?
Contact us with all your questions!