Assistance with tax returns is only one of the tax-related services we offer at the ATLAS. Even more important than filing a return is tax planning, which is the most crucial factor in successfully and legally reducing your overall tax liability. Our experts go beyond mere tax compliance to offer solutions and strategies which will maximize your after tax income. We stay current on the ever evolving tax laws and this mastery and expertise allows us to help you find ways to reduce your tax liability all year. We can help you with strategies to grow and preserve assets, defer income and reduce taxes on income, estate, gifts, investments and more. Through careful planning and legitimate tax strategy, we have a proven track record of success in saving our clients money in the long run. Some of the proven strategies we employ include:
- Splitting income among several family members or legal entities in order to get more of the income taxed in lower bracket.
- Shifting income or expenses from one year to another in order to have them fall where it will be taxed at a lower rate.
- Deferring tax liabilities through certain investment choices such as pension plans, contributions and other similar plans
- Using certain investments to produce income that is tax exempt from either federal or state or both taxing entities.
- Finding tax deductions by structuring your money to pay for things you enjoy, such as a vacation home.